Thursday, January 10, 2008

Daycare Woes

It's one oclock in the afternoon... all is quiet... I'm breathing deep now. 7 kids, the oldest is four years old, all asleep now. Oh, what was that? The pitter patter of my 2 year olds feet running down the upstairs hall, and now back the other way - this time it sounds as if there are more sets of little feet. What? Everyone isn't sleeping? The calm before the storm I expect. Rahhhh... I say and I catch them in the wake of taking out all the dollhouse furniture, a few dozen books and the numerous pieces of pretend cosmetology equipment. So I march the 2 year old back to bed, with much protest I might add, and the other two are pretty much in the same boat. O.K... now, back to my deep breaths - just when I fill my glass with ice and water and sit with the remote in one hand and my "much needed" handful of almonds in the other.... Yep, now it's the baby. Well why not she's had her rest time. So much for mine.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Kate, I don't know how you handle day care. I would go nuts! Even more so than I already am. Have a good weekend, and get some rest.