It was a nice evening for a BBQ. All the kids were having a blast. There were roughly 25 of them. The line of eager children ran the entire length of the garage each holding a device to speed down the driveway to the target... a wood "home-made" ramp. Each child would squeal as they raced down to then jump the ramp. Brandon watched in delight as his three year old son was being a big kid and doing an excellent job at being tough. One child came in with a scraped nose then there was a bruised elbow and then I came outside to watch all the excitement. "Mommy, mommy, watch this". I watched with teeth clenched to see my baby plummet down the driveway, hit the ramp and then gently glide back down the ramp. Phew. You see, he couldn't get enough speed to really jump the ramp, which gave me a little relief. So 10 more times this goes on, not so scary to the mommy anymore. Then it happened. He goes down the hill, just like before, and then disappears to the left. All I can say, and he said it too was that skateboards can't go over the big cracks in the sidewalk very well, especially when you only weigh 35 pounds and are on your hands and knees.



This was two days ago, he looks much better now. He still wants a skateboard for his next birthday. Thank goodness his next birthday is in August.

2 comments:
OUCH! That looks pretty bad. I hope he is doing better. That is funnny that he still wants a skate board. Your kids are getting so big.
Poor little Cooper. He looks so scraped up. I hope he is healing okay and come somehow remember that he in ONLY three (and shouldn't try to keep up with the big kids).
Give him a hug from Nana!
Bette
Post a Comment